" Connection, equilibrium and freedom "
What makes meditation so special? In addition to the peace and a relaxing feeling, meditation brings you to a moment where you are one with yourself, where you will listen to a deeper layer of yourself and give it attention. It is truly a moment where you will experience a connection with your Spirit and life. Meditations are in addition scientifically proven to be effective for the following things:
- Helps against stress ~ Studies show that meditation helps you recover physically and mentally from stress and stressful situations faster. In addition, it is also visible that there is less activity in the amygdala (part of the brain responsible, in particular, for fear and stress response) and the frontal lobe. Both areas help us to react less strongly to stress and to recover from it more quickly.
- Improves concentration ~ During meditations we often practice visualization or concentrate on inner matters, which makes us train in concentration. The wandering thoughts become less and we are better able to solve problems or deal with them. Our head is cleared during meditation which in itself improves focus and gives us clarity.
- Reduces fear
- Reduces pain ~ By means of focus and concentration on breathing, pain can be reduced a lot and we can better deal with that pain. Breathing exercises are a good tool for this.
- Reduces Blood pressure
- Improves sleeping
- Reduces emotions and emotional peaks ~ Daily meditations for 2 months in a row shows that we can deal better with our emotions and not so much get stuck in 1 emotion. There is more of a balance and coherence between the areas of the brain that become active during emotions. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1746809417300083
- Increases resistance ~ Not only are you more mentally and emotionally resilient by meditating regularly, your resistance also increases physically when you practice meditation regularly. This research shows that after a training in meditation more immunoglobulin (antibodies) are present in the body.
On an energetic and spiritual level, meditation means spending a moment with yourself, where you will listen to yourself in peace and quiet and take care of yourself. YOU have a lot to teach and tell yourself. There is no better teacher than your own soul.
Try my free short meditations and let me introduce you to your new journey ----> Click on 1 of the video or audio meditations in the sidebar on this page. Have fun and enjoy!
If you are quiet enough, you will hear the flow of the universe. You will feel its rhythm. Go with this flow. Happiness lies ahead. Meditation is key.”
~ Buddha ~